Published December 29, 2010
When I set up this blog I was going through a terrible time in business and I felt like a total failure but I had the inner resources to keep fighting.
I felt like a failure but I knew I had it in me to win.
What truly stood the test was an important principle I learned a long time ago, to focus on what you want and not on the things you don’t want.
If you are going through tough financial times check out My Wealth Campaign and the Rocket Science Saving (RSS) plan. The RSS is an exponential saving plan that is so simple even a rocket scientist can understand it! You can also start the program with NO MONEY! They say that winning starts in the mind, well it’s true and the RSS can show you how.
I have designed My Wealth Campaign as a five-level financial fitness program with a whole bunch of fun stuff that I will be adding during 2011. Visit me on Facebook at the My Wealth Campaign group.
Check out this short video.
Published November 25, 2008
I got this in an email today, maybe you feel like an information junkie too!
I have spent the past few years immersed in personal development products, I was so confused and overwhelmed by all the material. I had become an information junkie. I attended all the top seminars, ordered the CD’s and DVD’s and can quote the classics.
“But, something was still missing. I desperately wanted to have the life of my dreams that was somehow slipping out of my hands.
So what’s the answer?
I’d like to suggest, Simplicity and Focus and that means making a CHOICE.
If you feel like an information junkie, it’s time for some action;
- Unsubscribe from most (all but two or three) of the newsletters you’ve signed up to but don’t really read. Create a file with all the addresses of the newsletters you unsubscribe from and save them in case you get withdrawal symptoms and want to sign up again. Believe me, if you’re not reading them now, you probably won’t miss much in the next few months!
- If you know what you want to do but you are confused about which system to follow, make a decision. You will get much further doing something than being stuck in the paralysis of analysis. Select ONE of the systems you find most appealing and commit to doing it diligently over the next 30 to 60 days.
- Before you start make a list things that will guide your decision to continue or to quit. here are some ideas;
- Is it energising, motivating and inspiring? Sure you may need to to do some things you don’t like but is this something you can really put your heart into long-term?
- Are you able and willing to KEEP DOING ALL that is necessary for success? Like baking a cake, you need to follow the recipe! Don’t pick and choose; follow the system because that is where the power lies.
- Will it deliver the results you are looking for? If other people are getting results from the system, then why not you? But make sure that the people you listen to are getting results from the system and not from other sources.
Once you have SIMPLICITY and FOCUS IN THE BAG, be willing to PERSIST.
Here’s a great definition for FOCUS – Follow One System Until Successful.
Let the Magic in!
Published October 6, 2008
An excerpt from JK Rowling’s speech at Harvard University on 5 June 2008.
So why do I talk about the benefits of failure? Simply because failure meant a stripping away of the inessential. I stopped pretending to myself that I was anything other than what I was, and began to direct all my energy into finishing the only work that mattered to me. Had I really succeeded at anything else, I might never have found the determination to succeed in the one arena I believed I truly belonged. I was set free, because my greatest fear had already been realized, and I was still alive, and I still had a daughter whom I adored, and I had an old typewriter and a big idea. And so rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.
You can read the whole speech here:
(You will need to scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the full text) )